Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birthday Week :)

This has been some week!

At 2am last Sunday, Sadie woke up with her first stomach virus. :( How awful! It's especially awful to know that they feel miserable and there's nothing you can do but hold them and try not to gag when they throw up all over you. Despite my cleaning efforts - I literally scrubbed myself in the shower with antibacterial hand soap - we all still caught that virus. Talk about crummy! For a full week we lived on chicken noodle soup, applesauce, toast, and popcicles. I'm very thankful that my mom came over to drive me to the hospital, once again, in the middle of the night for yet another gallbladder attack. I'm also thankful that Josh's mom came over to watch the girls while Josh straightened up the house. Unfortunately, though, both moms also caught the bug. Spreading like wildfire!!

So, since we'd like to give out something better than a virus as party favors, we moved Sadie's birthday party to next weekend. :) It worked out better anyway.. after days of laundering throw-uppy clothes and blankets, I hadn't had a chance to even work on anything for her party! We did, however, celebrate her day by having a birthday breakfast tea party. I whipped up a couple tutus and princess hats for the girls, I wore one of my sister's old prom dresses, and Josh put on his Sunday best - even a tie! :) We had blueberry-orange scones, mini waffles, fruity cheerios & my great-grandma's cinnamon cookies, and watched the unbirthday tea party scene from Alice in Wonderland (the animated Disney version). :) It's so much fun to start our own new traditions! I see many birthday tea parties in our future. :)

The Birthday Girl! :D
Hmm.. what to eat next..
Lacie's Princess Outfit :)
Lacie preferred her ninny over a scone.. haha
Sadie teasing Mae with her cookie :)







No comments:

Post a Comment